Choosing a vape pen can be an overwhelming process. With so many vape pens to choose from and the variety of vape pens on the market, it is hard to know where to start. To help you with this process, below are some tips for choosing a vape pen in 2021.
Table of Contents
Things to consider when choosing a vape pen in 2021
- Consider your lifestyle
First, decide which type of vape pen is right for your lifestyle? Vape Pens come in three main styles:
- Concentrate Pen- These smaller devices usually contain an oil or wax-based liquid. It is used by dabbing it onto a coil within the atomizer. Ceramic vape pens are the best choice for beginners because they do not contain metals. It allows you to use both waxes or oils.
- Wax Pen- These vape pens work by applying a liquid concentrate directly onto the coil inside of the atomizer. It produces vapor through heating coils within it. The oil or wax is heated until it becomes vapors that you can inhale quickly without any combustion. However, there’s no smoke involved in this process.
- Oil vape pen – Similar to Wax vape pens, these devices heat your concentrates using an electronic oven rather than coils. It allows you to enjoy vaping with a slight odor produced as well as having more control over temperature settings compared to other types of vape pens.
- Battery type
The second thing that should affect your decision when choosing the best vape pens is the vape pen battery. The vape pen batteries come in different types. The most common type is Lithium-Ion (Li-ion). These vape pens are rechargeable and typically last between four to six hours on a single charge depending on the wattage of your vape pen. It can hold more significant amounts of power within them without having too much drain. This makes these vape pens ideal for beginners who may want something that lasts throughout an entire day or longer before needing to be recharged again.
- Type of heating element
The third thing to consider when choosing vape pens is the heating element since they come in several different styles:
- Ceramic- These coils are made from high-quality porous ceramic. It provides a smooth, clean flavor with no burnt or tarry taste, which many other vape pens have.
- Quartz – Many people prefer quartz because it doesn’t affect the natural flavors of your favorite concentrates like some other materials can. It leads to very pure-tasting vapor clouds overall.
- Titanium Coil- While these aren’t nearly as common in vape pens but still provide great flavor! Because titanium can heat up very quickly, it’s essential not to take long draws from a vape pen using this type of coil. It will likely burn out sooner than other types, leading to less overall vapor produced compared to other vape pens.
Coils for vape pens typically go bad after around two weeks, depending on how often you use them, so be sure to properly maintain and replace any coil heads as needed for optimal performance! It’s vital to choose vape pens with high-quality heating elements, such as ceramic or quartz coils.
- Airflow adjustment
The fourth thing to consider when choosing vape pens is the airflow, which depends on how tight or airy you prefer your draw to feel. The tighter airflow makes it easier for beginners who may not know much about vaping yet but still want something that produces good vapor clouds, especially if using a vape without having too many things involved like temperature settings etc.
- What is your budget?
Vape pens come in all different shapes and sizes, but they are not always cheap! Vaporizers can cost anywhere from $15-200 depending on what kind you get, so it’s always best to shop around before buying one, especially if this will be your first time using a vape pen.
Be sure you set yourself a limit before you shop around because otherwise, the chances are high that you will overspend without even realizing it. Altogether, you should find value for your money in your vape pen choice.
- Do you want something discrete or flashy?
This may seem like an odd question at first glance, but if people see your vape pen most of the time, they’ll be in vape shop online or vape lounges. You may not want something too flashy.
What’s essential when choosing vape pens? Decide what type of vape you’re looking for, then choose other features like vapor production, flavor quality, battery life, etc.